Catalyst Cloud specialises in the delivery of cloud services using open source software and open hardware. We are part of Australasia’s top open source software company, Catalyst, which has over 280 employees and offices in New Zealand, Australia, and the UK.
Catalyst Cloud is the largest contributor of source code to OpenStack in New Zealand and Australia, as seen on Stackalytics. Our cloud engineers are deeply involved in the development of new services and improvements to existing functionality in OpenStack and Kubernetes. Our ability to introduce features or fix bugs upstream enable us to deliver high-quality support and professional services to customers.
We are the company behind New Zealand’s most advanced and reliable public cloud service, Catalyst Cloud. Over the last five years, we have developed best practices to implement, secure, monitor, troubleshoot, audit, perform capacity planning, update and upgrade OpenStack and Kubernetes.
Our private cloud services build on our proven experience in running Catalyst Cloud. Private clouds implemented by us are built and managed by the same team of engineers that run Catalyst Cloud, using the same proven software and operational procedures. As a result, our private cloud customers benefit from robust service levels and cost effective implementation and ongoing support.
Managed Private Cloud
Catalyst Cloud approaches private clouds as a managed service, not a product. In essence, we manage your cloud regions as if they were part of Catalyst Cloud. Our managed private cloud service enables organisations to succeed with OpenStack and Kubernetes, through the following key benefits:
- Beyond OpenStack and Kubernetes, we provide you with the complete software stack for your private cloud, including network virtualisation, distributed storage and management tools (such as monitoring and capacity planning).
- We know what works and what doesn’t. We can help you navigate the complexity and multitude of options available without any bias. We are a pure services company, with no conflicts of interest in trying to sell you hardware or software.
- We can deliver your private cloud using existing hardware, or new hardware from your preferred vendors.
- We are experts in integrating OpenStack and Kubernetes with other systems, and capable of introducing new features upstream to support your private cloud needs.
- Our solution is based on upstream code from OpenStack.org and Kubernetes.io. There are no proprietary hooks that cause vendor lock-in, so you can benefit from the freedom and broad ecosystem surrounding OpenStack and Kubernetes.
For organisations that prefer to have their own engineers responsible for the day to day maintenance of the private cloud, we can provide training and third level support agreements.