New features released on Catalyst Cloud
4 December, 2015
We've released new features and improvements to Catalyst Cloud, delivering more functionality and significant user experience improvements.
- The dashboard now remembers the region and project that you are working on, so you do not have to switch when you log back in.
- The cloud orchestration service is now available from the dashboard. The new orchestration panel allows you to launch and manage the life-cycle of your application stacks.
- The launch compute instance wizard has been redesigned for simplicity and clarity, especially on the storage options for your compute instance (volume of ephemeral).
- The network topology view has been completely redesigned. It allows the visualisation of complex network topologies and lots of resources, through the use of a force directed graph.
- The usage costs panel now offers more granularity. It allows you to drill down resources in each category (for example: break down costs for compute instances).
- Compute instances can now be locked, to prevent accidental termination or changes.
- Block storage volumes can now be transferred between tenants within the same region, using the create transfer and accept transfer feature.
The following image shows a complex network being represented visually by the new network topology view:
We're continuously introducing new services and features to Catalyst Cloud. We value your input and feedback to prioritise the features that will be added to our cloud next.